RSS

Thursday 091022

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Push Jerk @ 72.5%

Depending on your 1RM, you will either perform a set/rep scheme of 5 sets of 3, 4 sets of 4, or spend the better part of 10 to 15 minutes just working the technique.

followed by,

12-9-6-3 reps for time of:
176/120 pound Thrusters
L-Pull-ups

To get into position for the thrusters, you must take it from the floor. No racks will be used. L-pullups, prescribed, require that you keep the heels above the bottom-most part of the hips when the legs are straight out in front. Holding this position, you must get the chin, noticeably, above the bar at the top and have both the elbows and shoulders lock out at the bottom.

Post push jerk weight and met-con time to comments.


A short video from 2007 in Santa Cruz, Ca where Joe and I became CrossFit certified. This video shows Coach Glassman explain how Fran came about and why 21-15-9.
___________________________________

Son of Grok, Post thoughts to comments.

edit post

11 Responses to "Thursday 091022"

  1. paul Says:
  2. tough metcon! 12:39 @ 154#.

    154x4x4 for jerks.

    a lot of crazy athleticism at 6am today--props to Greg Mo and big Paul for going rx'ed on thrusters!
  3. Shelley Says:
  4. Missed this a.m. due to a little too much fun at Daughtry and Theory of a Deadman concert last night. Hope to be able to make a later class.
  5. Eric C Says:
  6. 154# 3x5 jerks

    Metcon: It was heavy and I finished last. I couldn't find the calendar they used to time me. 133#

    Greg Mo and Big Paul are freak'n savage.
  7. hannah eileen Says:
  8. Did the main site's WOD from yesterday because jerks and thrusters hurt me. 4 rds 50 situps and 50 lunges. didn't time it. my legs hurt so freaking bad! felt good just to do something. I did it up at UNO's new weight room and got some weird looks. I almost did some bicep curls just to fit in! ha.
  9. Hilg Says:
  10. 132# 4X4 Push Jerks

    Scaled with 132# and increasingly ;) heavy bands on the pull ups and still really struggled with the pull-ups. My guess is that a STRICT diet will help my STRICT pullups by getting my FAT ass UNFAT!!!

    14:03 but still Fat, not phat.

    Brian
  11. BigD Says:
  12. Thanks for working the push jerks with me Brian! 132# 4x4.
    Scaled metcon to 132# on thrusters and brown bands on L pulls. 13:25. This one kicked my ass (just like every other CFO workout)!
    Lot's of fun at noon!
  13. BC Says:
  14. push jerks - 103x5x3...or something like that

    metcon - 13:45 scaled to 110# & tan band. didn't like it.
  15. ZachR Says:
  16. Push Jerk - 159# 5x3

    Metcon - 12:10 (154#)

    Did a squat clean thruster every time I dropped the bar meaning I did a lot of squat clean thrusters!! L pullups were tough but easier than I thought.

    Good work to everyone at 4:30 today.
  17. Allison H :) Says:
  18. Felt good today!

    77# push jerk, 4X4

    63# thursters in metcon (70% of 1rm push press as suggested by Ricky), used blue band for L pullups. This was a tough one especially with trying to keep form with those Ls!

    Nick P, Tovar, Zack J, and Jake all kicked ass today! You guys are AAAmazing CRAZY strong! Good work gentlemen! :)
    Awesome work nooners! :)
  19. Shelley Says:
  20. I sucked today. I ended up doing 53# on the push jerk after push pressing most of my previous reps at higher weights. It never felt right.

    As for the metcon, I started with 87# for thrusters and the blue band for L pullups. I then switched to 77# for thrusters and the tan band for L pullups. Finished in 9:49. My shoulders are fried.

    Great job 4:30! Impressed by those of you who can do L pullups Rx'd.
  21. Steve Says:
  22. Congrats to all who went Rx'd.

Thanks For Visiting!