RSS

Saturday 091024

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
5 rounds for time of:
10 In-place Lunges @ 132/92 pounds
10 KB Swings @ 2/1.5 pood

The lunges are in place, not walking. Take a step forward allowing the back knee to to graze the floor then drive off the front foot, returning to the starting position. Do this for 5 reps each leg.

If you do not have access to a kettle bell, use a 70/55 pound dumbbell instead.

Post time to comments.



















Coach Rip is in town for the basic barbell certification.

Here's a quote from Coach Rip himself,

During a Q&A:

Question: When training an unconditioned person, how long do you suggest waiting before putting weight on the bar?

Rip's Answer: About 3 or 4 minutes.

Want more? Visit Rip Quote of the Day.

edit post

7 Responses to "Saturday 091024"

  1. paul Says:
  2. Are there classes tomorrow, or are they closed because of the barbell cert?
  3. paul Says:
  4. and by 'tomorrow' i do mean SATURDAY.
  5. BigD Says:
  6. Paul, no classes Saturday or Sunday
  7. Anonymous Says:
  8. I think there was a mainsite WOD recently with like 50 lunges and 50 situps at so many rounds....that would be a good one in place of using the gym.

    or if anyone missed the 50 squats and 400 meter run, that workout is a great leg burner ;)

    I will be doing today's at home but with 95lbs and a 1 pood. I don't have the 1.5 - dang. I guess I will up the reps.

    Hope the Barbell cert is awesome!!!
  9. B3nj4m1n Says:
  10. Ran in the Navy Birthday 5km at some park in Papillion. Ran a 22:24 same time as the 5km at crossfit. I blame the lack of improvement on all of the double unders from yesterday.

    I heard the Rip likes single malt scotch which pretty much means you should take him to the Dundee Dell which I think has the largest collection of single malt scotch in the US.
  11. paul Says:
  12. Thanks, Dave--i figured as much, but i am always half dead when i read the flyers at CFO so I wasn't sure.

    I just did "Randy": 75 hang powers snatches (75#). 9:17 missed snatches last week, and since they're a main weakness of mine I figured i should work on them today.
  13. Allison H :) Says:
  14. looks like this will be my wod on thursday's rest day :) fun fun!

Thanks For Visiting!