RSS

Wednesday 090923

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day

Use rest days to make up any strength lifts you may have missed. You can either do a 1RM or a 3RM. Try and stay away from met-con if at all possible.













Gettin ready for the workout.
______________________________

Alright everybody, Saturday's Fight Gone Bad is upon us. We need your help. If you are in town and can lend a helping hand, please stop by. Workouts are from 10AM to 12PM. If you can volunteer your time to help count reps please let us know.

If you can't make it in the AM, we are having a potluck get together where everyone is invited, including friends and family. It runs from 12PM until 2PM. It is a BYOB and a BYOM (bring your own meat) shindig.

We do ask that if your last name begins with the letters A thru F, you would be so kind as to bring one of your favorite desserts. If your last name begins with the letters G thru Z, please help us out by bringing a side dish.

And as we mentioned before, try and stay away from everyone bringing a bag of chips. Its gonna be a fun time and I am looking forward to seeing everyone do this workout for a great cause.

edit post

9 Responses to "Wednesday 090923"

  1. BigD Says:
  2. Is it me, or do I look really lost in this picture?
  3. BC Says:
  4. Hey Next Level Gamers - quick hotel update!

    So here's the deal, the Kansas Jayhawks (aka the Fighting Manginos-seriously dude, how about a salad once in a while?!) have a home game the same weekend, which is totally screwing with hotel availability. Apparently there's only one hotel with multiple rooms available and it's about $150/night PLUS $80/night taxes. Yikes! Plan B is Kansas City, specifically the west side of KC, which is about 30, maybe 45min from Lawrence. We'll let you know what we find there. If anyone has any other suggestions let us know.
  5. Addi Says:
  6. Just a thought - are there any KOAs with cabins (or Kabins, as they so 'charmingly' call them) in the area? They're probably full, too, if the hotels are, but they're not bad... cheap, electricity, semi-comfortable beds (as comfortable as can be expected in something called a Kabin), and a short outdoor walk to clean showers, etc. For the amount of time we'd be spending there, I think they'd be adequate.
  7. Addi Says:
  8. I hear tell that Topeka is also about 30 minutes from Lawrence...
  9. Anonymous Says:
  10. I will stay anywhere as long as it isn't super expensive, at this point I'm considering sleeping in my car. Is it ironic that I would rather sleep in my Mercedes because I'm too broke to spend the money on a hotel? I think so. And Addi, I bought you and I matching Hannah Montana shirts to wear to the Miley concert. Yesssss.
  11. Addi Says:
  12. Sweet, Jen. I'll try to swing an extra backstage pass for you.
  13. Anonymous Says:
  14. made up 3x3 on push/jerk; did 107# which is 3 pounds less than 80% of 1 RM. Felt good as my back didn't hurt, and I didn't overdo it.

    Shelley
  15. Anonymous Says:
  16. Push jerk- 92#
    Danielle, thanks for talking me into doing Annie with Becky and Mel!! Awesome job guys!!! It felt good! Double unders are getting better- finally!

    Paula
  17. Gdawg Says:
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

Thanks For Visiting!