RSS

Thursday 090702

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:

WOD
Dead-lift 5-5-5-5-5 reps

We start a new cycle of strength lifts but these will not be consecutive days.

How you will attack this workout will be to look at your previous 1 rep max and take 87.5% of that number. This will be the weight you use for set number four. You will then, on set five, increase your weight. If a successful attempt is made, your 1 rep max has increased.

For example, if you have a 300 pound dead-lift, your warm-up sets and work sets may look like this:
w-up 1 (1 to 3 reps) - 165 pounds (55%)
w-up 2 (1 to 3 reps) - 195 pounds (65%)
set 1 - 217 pounds (72.5%)
set 2 - 232 pounds (77.5%)
set 3 - 247 pounds (82.5%)
set 4 - 262 pounds (87.5%)
set 5 - anything above 262 would be a pr

The higher your 1 rep max the more warm-up sets you need. The lower your 1 rep max, you may not need warm-up sets.

Post set 5 weight and if a pr to comments.






















Surgeon General's Warning!


edit post

16 Responses to "Thursday 090702"

  1. Michael Says:
  2. Well, I have holes in my hands from yesterday's pullups, so the deadlifts should be interesting.

    My 1RM is 384, so I'm shooting for a 5RM of 335. Woot!

    I loved all the videos lately... Ricky had two of his own plus the interview with his coach at UNO, Joe's push press instructional video, Kyle's Dark Horse workout... Way to represent CFO!
  3. BC Says:
  4. 284, new pr. The gauntlet has been thrown down Addi. Nice job everyone.
  5. Addi Says:
  6. Did CFFB... Used 154 for squats, 93 for bench. Probably could have gone heavier on both, especially the bench, but my upper back and right shoulder have been really tight and a little sore lately. Didn't want to push it too much.

    WOD - Stopped at 7 rounds - 18:50ish... Did ring dips unassisted for the first time in a workout for 2 1/2 rounds... then it was purple band. Dips were definitely the hardest thing for me in this WOD - I feel pretty strong in the other two.
  7. Addi Says:
  8. BC - just imagine what you could have pulled sober!

    When I get back from Aromas, it's on like Donkey Kong. Prepare to be destroyed.
  9. andrew Says:
  10. DL: 262x5 (PR)

    Metcon: 4:42
  11. Greg MO Says:
  12. Back Squat 5x5= 264-274-274-274-284
    Bench 5x2= 198-198-198-208-208
    CFFB w/318# DL= 14:31

    whew!!!...this was a long morning!...could hav went heavier on BS, bench was weak (as usual), and man the wod was tuff!...my posterior chain was so tired from BS that it made the 318# DL feel SUPER heavy....I am sooo ready 2 taper off...8 more days, Cali here we come!!!
  13. Kelli Says:
  14. Videos on the main site have been pretty awesome -- I love all the attention CFO is getting because we deserve it!
  15. Paula Says:
  16. Again-I'm not going go be in tonight....We decided to take our Harley's up to Pierre, SD for the weekend and wanted to get a good head start...Because bikes+ dark+ deer=scary! Only to CFO twice this week-not good. But should hopefully be there everyday next week! Everyone have a Happy and Safe 4th!!!!!
  17. Mel C Says:
  18. I need to look up the videos and see them Kelli! I'm on my way to do this workout with torn up hands...the worst I've ever had. But please...who'd like to take a trial membership at this gym and SCHOOOOOOLLLLLLL the sh*t out of everyone! Some girl was like OMG the Athena work out was horrible it was so hard and bad...please watch this.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUblEu0C3Lc

    Ithinkfit.com....
    Sorry Crossfit should change the URL to "Iknowimf*ckingfit.com"
    I HATE that gym. Seriously sweet pictures of yourself and none of your clients.
  19. Allison H :) Says:
  20. did 163# X5 PR

    did thurstaaa's in 5:37 i think was the time... or was it 6:37... I honestly don't recall with all that hip-poppin!!!

    super duper nooners! super duper! :)
  21. Chad Says:
  22. Had to quit after the 2nd round because my form sucked. I backed off on the weight and worked on form. I'm taking 3 days off to heal. Happy 4th to everybody.
  23. Mark Says:
  24. 364 x 5 (PR) the last lift rep was pretty sketchy but I think I managed to complete it.
  25. Michael Says:
  26. Aspirations of 335lbs were dashed by my pesky blisters! After warmup I ended up with one round at 284lbs, then I had to stop. :( Then I sat around feeling foolish while everybody else did metcon.
  27. Kelli Says:
  28. 229 (new PR!) and 4:28 in the met-con :)
  29. Anonymous Says:
  30. i did 233-3x's....dang i was disappointed!!! it really shows when you dont come to crossfit as much.....im really tryin to get my butt in more often!

    Kat
  31. Anonymous Says:
  32. 263 x 5 (PR)and 4:01 on the thrusters.

    Shelley

Thanks For Visiting!