RSS

Monday 090629

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:

WOD
Rest Day


















What do you think?

Post thoughts to comments.


edit post

13 Responses to "Monday 090629"

  1. paul Says:
  2. I think there's a lot to that. There are definitely some circles where people look down on physical activity as being something for the vulgar classes who aren't smart enough to do anything else. obviously, that's a terrible attitude. my guess is that most people who feel that way were unathletic as children and they have deep scars from being picked last in PE. their hatred of "jocks" is a defense mechanism. (not that any of this describes me at the age of 12, mind you.)

    but some of us learn to rise above it and just work on our f-ing deadlift, already.

    heavy helen, 3 rds

    400m run
    15 2pd KB swings
    12 pullups (CTB)

    10:35

    not thrilled with that time, but glad i got up and did something.
  3. Jen S. Says:
  4. 1 RM OH Squat 132. Tried 137 and landed on my ass.
  5. Addi Says:
  6. Ran the obstacle course from Sunday with Greg.. Lots of fun - anytime I have to "scale a wall", I'm probably a fan. Liked the jumps too - just wish I didn't suck at running. Not that I'm going to actually start running more to remedy that... You know me better than that.
  7. Greg MO Says:
  8. Obstacle course was realy fun!...nice change of pace, everyone should try this 1...
  9. Addi Says:
  10. Someone linked to this on CrossFit 603's blog this weekend. Really detailed e-book on foam rolling... Thought I'd share.

    http://www.robertsontrainingsystems.com/downloads/SMR-manual.pdf
  11. Crystal Says:
  12. ok, so the obstacle course two days in a row probably isn't a good idea, but that's ok. It was fun!! Nice job Anna & the rest of the nooners!! It was a hot one.
  13. Eric C Says:
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.
  15. Eric C Says:
  16. Addi,
    Thanks for the foam-roller link. I am a chiropractor and we use the foam roller extensively at my office. It is a great tool for lower back pain and for myofascial syndromes in the lower extremities. If any of the Omaha Crossfitters would like one, I can get it for you at my cost. We stock a few of the 3 ft. wide and the 1 ft wide rollers here. If anyone wants one, I can take them to the gym or you can swing by my office on 156th and Blondo. 493-6777
  17. B3nj4m1n Says:
  18. Did the Obstacle Course with Joel at 6:30. We finished in 20 something was fun but did not feel too good when I scraped my shin against the cement wall doing wall jumps. It got nice and bloody it looks rather cool like I am some kind of BA wait I am...lol. I might have to show it off a bit. Nice job Joel. Great job 6:30, man was it hot at that time.
  19. B3nj4m1n Says:
  20. ...And thanks for the rolling link Addi. Never thought of some of those rolls.
  21. JenT Says:
  22. When I was in college (the first time) many years ago, I remember my boyfriend at the time who was an engineering major (read: nerd) making fun of all of the exercise science and PE kids. I went along with it and laughed at his jokes about how the only reason they would major in something revolving around exercise is because they were not smart enough to get a "real" degree. I now know that HE was actually the idiot, not the people he was making fun of.
    It is a proven fact that people who exercise regularly and eat properly learn faster, have better concentration, think clearer, and have less problems with mental illnesses. School age kids who get regular physical activity have less behavioral problems and perform better on tests. I truly believe that if everyone ate right and exercised regularly, we could lessen or even fix some of the societal problems we have. It's something I feel so strongly about that I actually went back to school to become one of those PE kids my ex used to make fun of. Ha.
    And my apologies to any of you who are engineers. I know you're not ALL nerds. :-)
    Anywho, did the obstacle course WOD with Sara. It was fun!!! Good rest day workout.
  23. Allison H :) Says:
  24. Did 100 pushups with band, and 100 air squats for time of 9:01 ~ glad I had time to make it to class today! It was looking like I wouldn't make it and I was beating myself up over it! Jake and I are moving on Wednesday!!!! So we've been busy busy busy!!! Great job everyone at 4:30!!! :)
  25. Nicole G Says:
  26. 1 RM OH Swat- 88. Pretty pumped about that. Then did 100 pushups with the tan band. Not sure my finishing time. Nice job Paula- thanks for being my work out partner.

Thanks For Visiting!