RSS

Friday 080725

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:

WOD

800 meter run
rest 2 minutes
400 meter run
rest 2 minutes
200 meter run
rest 2 minutes
100 meter run

Post times for each run to comments.


















Cool Shirt!
_____________________________

Courtesy of Rainier CrossFit

You’ve got to want this.

Had a conversation the other day that got me thinking. I’m in the fitness business, not the hand holding business. I have a system that takes ordinary people and turns them into athletes. I can look our women in the eyes and remind them of that day they asked if they would be a weakling forever. Now they groan and throw 65# on the bar for overhead squats, and they squat below parallel and reach full extension for each rep. They didn’t get there by being drug along.

to continue reading click here...


edit post

12 Responses to "Friday 080725"

  1. BC Says:
  2. Good article. When I started CrossFit back in April I'll admit that I was somewhat half-@ssing it in the beginning. I only came in 2 or 3 times a week, I didn't really change my lifestyle or diet, I was basically going through the motions. But over the last month or so something inside me clicked. Now when I have a busy schedule because of work or kids, instead of just missing a workout I'll find a way to come in whenever I can - I've hit every class time there is, hell I even did the zombie walk into the gym at 6am once. I even found a few days to workout while I was on vacation last week. And as far as the lifestyle part is concerned, after yesterday's workout I went to the store and bought the healthiest load of groceries I've ever bought in my life - I don't know if I've ever bought a squach before. I'm a far cry from where I want to be but I definitely feel like I'm on my way. Thanks Joe and Ricky and thanks to everyone else as well, you're a great group of people and I enjoy seeing everyone each time I come in, and you are all a great source of inspiration.
  3. ZachR Says:
  4. Today's workout

    800 meter run: 2:37 (PR)
    2 minutes rest
    400 meter run: 1:18 (PR)
    2:20 rest
    200 meter run: 34 seconds
    ~2 minutes rest
    100 meter run: 13.8 seconds

    I really enjoyed today's workout and tried to focus on POSE running as much as possible. My only goal was to set a PR in the 800 and then just push myself as hard as I could for the other 3. Good work to everyone at 6am.
  5. Anonymous Says:
  6. Nice PR Zach! :)

    I want one of those t-shirts!!!

    Well I am heading out for boating adventure, and probably the diet won't be the best this weekend, but I packed two huge things of grapes/bing cherries and I made a fabulous egg casserole and then I made some amazing homemade blueberry muffins with a delicious crumble topping...oh and my famous choc chip cookies - so is that like 50% ;)

    I definitely agree that diet, workload stress, and sleep affect me most in my workouts....so Monday is going to suck after this weekend, but we cannot kick ourselves for not being perfect :)

    See you guys Monday - really really want that shirt and those rubber gloves that someone should design for crossfit :)
  7. Anonymous Says:
  8. Jeff, I hate to admit it, but when I saw the workout this morning I was actually excited to do it. Thanks Ricky for the information and drills on POSE running. It was much easier to run today using them. I took 30 seconds off the last time I ran an 800 - 3:17 (PR)
  9. Jen Says:
  10. 800m = 2:57
    400m = 1:14
    200m = 0:34
    100m = 0:14:06

    I'm not sure if these were PR or not, but I can certainly say that they felt really good. The pose + Five Finger shoes really make it comfortable. I feel much more relaxed running these days, that it is actually something I look forward to doing. Thanks for the great drills Ricky, please keep them coming!
  11. A Says:
  12. Wow~ Ran by my lonesome on the track this morning. It was GREAT~! I have to admit, I was proud of myself for hauling my butt to a running workout. :-)
    800 = 3:10 (PR)
    400 = 1:20 (PR)
    200 = :48? (had technical difficulties, so I don't know EXACT for the 200)
    100 = 15.97

    This was great! I did the best I could with POSE running. Worked really hard to keep a position of "falling." I usually run with my hips in front of my shoulders, so this helped a lot!
    Have a great weekend, everyone. I am off to IL.
  13. Melissa B Says:
  14. 800m- 3:16
    400m-1:27
    200m-0:38
    100m-15.13

    I try to keep pose but old habits die hard :) Great job 12pmers!!!!
  15. paul Says:
  16. I will try this WOD when I can get to a track at some point. But today I did

    21-15-9

    225# DLs
    burpees (no pushup)

    8:08.

    This was a killer, and I can only imagine how painful it would've been with real burpees.
  17. BC Says:
  18. 800m - 3:20
    400m - 1:37 (i think)
    200m - :34
    100m - :15.4

    This was a fun one today, much better than the 800m/DU's from a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for the tutorial on proper running style Ricky.
  19. JimmyG Says:
  20. 800m - 3:31
    400m - 1:XX
    200m - 1:0X
    100m - 0:14.6

    I can't remember the times for the 400 or 200. Good lesson in Pose running today, but I have a lot to work on. I'm a fan of any run that's less than 200m.
  21. Anonymous Says:
  22. 800m 3:40
    400m 1:45
    200m 1:10
    100m 16.8

    It was very hot! Great job Bryten and Tovar. See ya'll next week!!
  23. Anonymous Says:
  24. Can't remember my times...but I had a good time! Thanks for the running tips...I hope to utilize them in a foot pursuit :)
    See you all Monday! Have a great weekend.

Thanks For Visiting!