RSS

Thursday 110929

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day

MobilityWOD: Epic Pistol 10-minute Squat Test


Try and accumulate 10 minutes total of the squat test with alternating each leg into a pistol position just as in the video. Ideally, we'd like 10 consecutive minutes but if you need to go 2 minutes at a time with some getting up in between, we'll take that too.

edit post

7 Responses to "Thursday 110929"

  1. BigD Says:
  2. Did Tabata Something Else today. 354. Up from 295 in Aug of '09.
  3. Steve Says:
  4. Hate to miss yoga this afternoon, but going to take advantage of the weather and go for a bike ride tonite.
  5. Addi Says:
  6. Worked on snatch technique - didn't necessarily get rid of any bad habits, but I feel more conscious of them while I'm doing it. I guess that's progress? :) Thanks for the tips, JonDay!

    Then did today's GWOD with Joe. I've never been able to do Skin-the-cats on the rings before (granted I probably haven't tried in a couple years) so that was a fun shiny new toy. Not surprisingly, dips were hard and my shoulders are still burning just a little. In a good way, I think. I'm glad I didn't do this before snatch, like I had thought about doing.
  7. paul Says:
  8. OUCH! Tabata Something Else was excruciating. I could barely walk to my car 10 minutes after doing this. I forgot how awful tabata squats are. I was overjoyed to be able to do this rx'ed, though. Took it easy on pullups and pushups, but I could actually do them. sweet!

    50 pullups
    48 pushups
    117 situps
    146 squats
    361 total

    Not a PR, but I'm happy with it.
  9. Kelli Says:
  10. awesome awesome awesome yoga this evening. i can't wait for the next one. i didn't realize how inflexible i had become! stuff i used to be able to do easy i could no longer do...
  11. paul Says:
  12. I think I gave myself 3 too many squats. Let's call it 358.
  13. Gdawg Says:
  14. really enjoyed yoga today! can't wait for the next one that I'm able to attend! Great to meet Cece, attend one of her classes if you haven't yet!

Thanks For Visiting!