RSS

Thursday 081211

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:

WOD
Rest Day






















I can't believe I am even putting this picture up on the blog. I am only encouraging more dead-lifts for the Professor. Oh well, he works his butt off.
_________________________________

Handstand Pushup Challenge: 28 reps


edit post

12 Responses to "Thursday 081211"

  1. paul Says:
  2. I'll tell you what this picture DOESN'T encourage me to do...EVER make that face again!
  3. Anonymous Says:
  4. i love it paul!
  5. John W Says:
  6. I went in this morning planning taking an easy rest day, doing my HSPU, and seeing what else happened. However, when Ricky put a few workouts on the board I couldn't resist.
    21-15-9
    Box jump (20" should have gone higher?)
    KB Swing (2 pood)
    SDHP (2 pood)
    5:04
    Word to the wise: Be alert to where the KB my hit you on the SDHP...not fun and a bad thing to do before the workout begins.
    Awesome work this morning!
  7. hannah eileen Says:
  8. John, I agree. I wanted to do something simple today...damn you Ricky. Great job this morning, 6ers.
    21-15-9
    box jumps
    swings (1 pood)
    sdhp (1.5 pood)
    6:21
    Andrew, way to be on the OH Squats.
  9. Anonymous Says:
  10. Thanks Hannah!

    Today I did:

    5-3-2-1-1-1-1-1 on OHS

    64,88,98,108,113,120,125,132

    132# was a big PR for me. I think last time we did a strength day with OHS, I did something like 95x2.

    Nice job 6AM!
  11. Anonymous Says:
  12. i did 10-8-6-4-2 of box jumps (double reds + platform and box) and chest to bar pull-ups. 8:??. i don't remember the time, i'm just happy i walked away with my shins in one piece. good work tony and joe with tabatas and ang with heavy SDHP!
  13. BC Says:
  14. Like John and Hannah I did 21/15/9 box jumps, KB swings (1.5 pood) and SDHP (2 pood). 6:46 total. Not a bad little workout for a rest day. And sticking with my goal of trying to make it into a "club" on each rest day I took at stab at 30 consecutive pullups - um, yeah, 15 isn't quite going to get the job done. I need to remember to push away from the top and kip my knees higher. Next time.
  15. Anonymous Says:
  16. I did workout A today, which I can't remember the name of it, but it was 75 power snatches with 75 lbs. I finished in 9:5? minus about 15 seconds since Kylie forgot about me and I had to go find her to get my time. THANKS! Just kidding.
  17. Chad Says:
  18. 21-15-9
    box jumps
    swings (1 pood)
    sdhp (1.5 pood)
    10+ minutes

    SDHP's held me up quite a bit. I need to get my lower back stronger.
  19. Anonymous Says:
  20. 21/15/9
    Box jumps
    KB swings
    Sdhp

    7:07.

    Nice job Reba getting your first strict pull-up!!
  21. Brandon Says:
  22. 21-15-9
    Box Jumps
    KB Swings 1.5 pood
    SDHP 2 pood
    As RX'd 4:40

    Brandon
  23. Anonymous Says:
  24. Last night I did finally have a break through in strict pullups :) Never realized you have to "pull" that hard. Very odd, but finally got a few :)

    Also worked "cleans" and figured out (thanks to coaching of course) how to get my d*mn knees out of the way....no more bruises there hopefully...

    and did my most double unders in a row ever at 37!!!

    but I had to watch Neil do "Linda" and I was green with envy......soon!!! Tricky had him do that on purpose just to tick me off!!! It worked, I want to do that one within 60 days now.

Thanks For Visiting!